Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Environmental Blog – Original?

A quick search of ‘environmental blog’ on Google produced pages of blogs related to the environment. I clicked on one of the first links, because I liked I like the name of the blog. It was called ‘The Environmental Blog’. I don’t think it gets any more original than that. For what the creator lacked in creativity in the name, the blog is very visually appealing and creative. The home page is very clean and organized and the links make it easier to navigate the page.

The post that I choose to read was entitled ‘Biofuel from coffee’. It was about how coffee grounds can actually be used to make bio diesel fuel. The reason that bio diesel isn't being used a whole lot these days is because there isn't a cheap availability of a quality source. The post also stated that when the government tested the coffee grounds, they discovered a few things. One of these is that the fuel actually smells like java. That’s a lot better than the gasoline smell we have now if you ask me. And two it turns out since coffee has a high antioxidant content it was more stable and had a bigger advantage over other bio diesels.

I think that the government should definitely start looking more into this and trying to make it happen. It seems like a great way to save energy and protect the environment at the same time. Who would have thought that something so simple as coffee grounds could be used as fuel and be better for the environment. Not only that, but I don’t think that anyone if car exhaust smelled like coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment